For detailed information about the CT LEP program, see the CT DEEP website - CLICK HERE.
Next LEP Exam
The LEP Exam scheduled for May 13, 2020 has been rescheduled for October 7, 2020. For additional information, please contact Kim Maiorano, LEP Program Coordinator, DEEP at (860) 424-3788.
Note for future exam applicants:
Pursuant to the LEP Regulations, a complete application must be received by the Board 90 days prior to the administration of the exam. (ALL references and Certificate of Education must be in the DEEP hands by that date). For further information and to obtain application materials, contact Kim Maiorano, CT DEEP, Phone (860) 424-3788. Also visit the CT DEEP web page: Licensed Environmental Professional (LEP) Application Forms.
The official CT Roster of Licensed Environmental Professionals (LEPs) is maintained by the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP) and is available in "PDF" format from the DEEP website at the following link:
If you find incorrect contact information in the above file, you may be able to find more up-to-date data by searching the EPOC Membership Directory.
Note to LEPs - If you change your address:
Pursuant to the LEP Regulations, should you change your address or place of employment it is your responsibility to inform the State Board of Examiners of Environmental Professionals ("LEP Board") in writing within fourteen days of such change. Not only is this a requirement of the LEP regulations, but it will help to ensure that you are notified about important information regarding your license. Please contact Kim Maiorano, CT DEEP-LEP Coordinator at (860) 424-3788 if you have any questions.
- NEW Application for Exam 101 (PDF file): PowerPoint slides from 12/6/18 presentation to EPOC "YEP" members by Denise Ruzicka, PE, LEP Board Chairman and Kim Maiorano, LEP Program Coordinator & Alternate Chair. Topics covered:
- LEP Board Structure and Purpose
- LEP Exam Entrance Requirements
- LEP Exam Application Review Process
- Common Application Problems
- Exam Topic Areas
- LEP Discipline Process and Role of LEP Board following License Issuance
The CT DEEP web site contains the latest listing of approved LEP courses and course approval instructions. See:
The DEEP web site above contains a listing of all courses/seminars which have been approved for Continuing Education Credits (CECs) by the State Board of Examiners of Environmental Professionals ("LEP Board") in Connecticut. Some courses also carry technical continuing education credits for the MA LSP program (contact the provider to confirm).
NOTE: If you wish to seek approval of a course that is not on the list of approved courses, download current application form at: http://www.ct.gov/deep/cwp/view.asp?a=2715&q=324982&depNav_GID=1626. Please contact Kim Maiorano, CT DEEP-LEP Coordinator at (860) 424-3788 if you have any questions about the course listing or approval process.
- LEP Board Info
- LEP Application Form (DEEP Web site)
- LEP Regulations: See DEEP Web Site
- Criteria For Referrals of LEPs to the Board for Review/Investigation: referral_criteria.pdf [61 kb]. The State Board of Examiners of Environmental Professionals ("LEP Board") submitted these referral guidelines to the Commissioner of CT DEP on 10/11/01.
Cover Letter for Referral Guidelines: referral_cover.pdf [40 kb]. Letter from Robert Smith, Chairman, "LEP Board" to DEP Commissioner Art Rocque that submitted LEP referral guidelines (see above "Criteria for Referrals...") to the CT DEP.
- Job Analysis Study for LEPs: jas-cas.pdf [250 kb]. Study by Columbia Assessment Services in 1996 to identify the primary tasks performed by LEPs. The "Domains, Tasks and Knowledge and Skill Statements Section" (pages 23-40) provides insight into the five domains and their task statements as delineated by the technical advisors and survey respondents. You should pay particular attention to the knowledge and skill areas which are delineated under each task as it is likely that LEP examination questions will be based on these items.